Writers don't mind writing about themselves but (most of us) we kind of suck at talking about ourselves. So these little blog awards doing the rounds are a good way of finding out more about everyone I network/grumble about the woes of writing life with.
Okay, enough waffle, time to get on with it. The rules of this award are as follows:
- Share 11 facts about me
- Answer 11 questions by the blogger who nominated me
- Nominate up to 11 awesome bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer. *rubs hands together with glee*
So, here are the facts.
- I am deadly allergic to bees. Those little bastards try and kill me every chance they get and yes, I will scream when one comes anywhere remotely near me. The last time I was stung I was 15 and it was on my neck. Better believe after that, my neck resembled Arnie's when he was stranded on Mars in Total Recall, I couldn't breathe and then I couldn't walk properly for a few days from all the medications they jabbed in to my thigh in the emergency department.
- I have lived in every state in Australia except for Tasmania, SA and ACT. I am yet to visit Tassie and SA.
- I have never visited overseas.
- I have a potty mouth. I'm not really sorry about it either. I conduct myself as a lady in every other way. That counts for something.
- I used to strictly write to empty my head of a story and that was it. It would be swiftly thrown in the bin or if typed, sent to the recycle bin after completion.
- I love horror movies but I can't watch them alone.
- I think I'm too stubborn to go trade pub...
- I am the youngest of four siblings. But I am the odd one out. Mum had a boy and girl in her first marriage, my Dad had a boy and girl in his first marriage and then they married each other years later and had me. I only have my sisters in my life.
- I had pre-eclampsia with both my sons and they were both induced. I was sicker with my first born, my liver was shutting down. It was pretty scary. He was premature so that was daunting as well as a first-time Mum.
- I am a Sagittarius. I was born 5 days before Christmas.
- I didn't have my Dad in my life for 20 years before we got back in touch.
Now the questions...
What is your favorite movie/book quote?
“There can be many tortured moments in the life of someone who spends her days writing books. The antidote to these moments is the moment when the finished book arrives.” Carrie Bradshaw.
When did you first begin to take yourself seriously as a writer?
Honestly? I don’t even know if I do now. I know I began sharing my work in 2010. Before that it was just for me. It was purely just to empty my head of all the stories building up. I needed some peace.
If you could live in any time period what would it be? Why?
1920’s. I’m having a ball researching for my historical romance.
Plotter or Pantser?
Pretty much both. Probably more of a pantser though. If I plan too much, my characters fight against me. It becomes an awkward and painful tug of war.
Just one. I’m sorry Errin. I don’t know.
What’s your guilty pleasure?
Anything involving chocolate. And I want to go to Canada just purely to try Timbits. Drool.
Three things you cannot live without?
My kids/someone super special, writing and sunshine.
Vampire or Werewolf?
Either. As long as they are in Buffy’s world.
Do you believe in aliens?
I don’t believe we are on this planet alone.
Whats your funniest memory?
I am happy to report I have too many to choose from. Hooray!
Sweet or Savory?
Depends on mood but usually sweet.
I am lazy this time and linking Twitter handles rather than blogs, but also too some of these ladies don't seem to have blogs that I can find. I nominate:
Lara Meone Savine
Your 11 questions are:
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
- Were you a good student at school or bad?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- Are you a grudge-holder?
- What was the first book that sung to your soul?
- Introvert or extrovert?
- What is the longest you have gone without sleep?
- What does a typical writing day look like to you?
- Be honest. How long do you spend staring at the wall when you are working on a project?
- Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?
- If you joined the circus, what would you perform?