nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thanks Sarah, I didn't even know there was such a thing! I love what Twitter has done for me, and that is meeting amazing writers such as Sarah who just get it. And as a massive bonus, I get to read her awesome words. Go check out her blog!
The rules are as follows:
- Answer the eleven questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate up to eleven wonderful bloggers and write eleven (possibly fiendish) questions for them to answer.
Let the answers commence!
If there was ever a teacher who inspired you, which subject did they teach?
A relief teacher I had one day in year 3. She got us to write poems and it was there I discovered how magical it was to write.
Would you rather write alone in a garden or on a half-full train?
Oh a garden, for sure. Me and crowds aren’t a massively good mix.
What is your greatest achievement to date?
Releasing two novels and placing in the Short Story Award 2015 by Stringybark stories and having it published in their anthology along with 30 other writers.
Do you have pockets? (My entire current outfit – trousers, t-shirt, jumper – does not have a single, real pocket and I suspect this is unusual.)
No, I’m wearing jeggings. They generally don’t have pockets. Pockets are handy though, aren’t they?
E-reader or real books?
Both. I read digital first because I’m impatient and then I usually go on to get the paperback copy.
Have you ever written a letter of complaint? If so, why was it necessary?
No. But I thought about it recently when I sent flowers to my friend in hospital and the nurses kept them hostage. There was a card, chocolates and a balloon too. She wasn’t told about any of it. It really annoyed me.
What is the most notable thing about the place where you grew up?
How country it is. There is something special about the country.
Box files or piles of papers?
Hmm. I like organisation.
Have you ever written about a person you didn’t like but changed the name so no one knows it was them?
Hmm, not really. I’ve been inspired to create certain characters before because of that but they always become their own character and therefore completely removed from who I had in mind initially.
If you had to choose between always being too hot and always being too cold, which would you pick?
Hot. Because I’m ALWAYS too cold and it does my head in. Winter is my nightmare. And that’s an Australian winter. I would die overseas.
What is your favourite fairytale and why?
Beauty and the Beast. Because what female doesn’t want a beast of a man that is a big teddy bear for them?
I've chosen 7. I nominate:
And here are my questions:
1. Have you ever gotten in to trouble with the law?
2. Can you wink successfully?
3. What is your mantra when you feel like throwing in the writing towel?
4. What is something random about you that not many people know?
5. What is the earliest memory you have?
6. What is your nickname?
7. What food do you love the most?
8. What food do you hate the most?
9. Can you give a rundown of your writing process or do you like to change it up?
10. What is your favourite season? Mine is summer. Baby, come back.
11. Who is your favourite tv character, past or present and why?